Thursday, August 29, 2013

I got my tickets!

It's a little nerve wracking trying to find tickets to the labour day classic.  Sold out! Ticket ads posted on kjiji weeks in advance.  Texts go back and forth, tickets advertised 1 hour earlier disappear (although the ads are still lingering in cyberspace).  Our tickets come from a guy in Calgary, he's a season ticket holder.

Why can't he make the game, I didn't ask, but speculate- work, life, family obligation.  What makes a season ticket holder give up his ticket to the classic?  He transfers the tickets to me, trusting that I'll put a check in the mail.

You can tell he's excited about the game, he forwards an email ad for the 'Riderville Labour Day Caberet', 'you might be interested' he types.  I imagine he'll be thinking about us on the day of the game, from wherever he is watching the pale TV translation.

'Game Day'  11" x 14", Acrylic/Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment